Get Out & Hike!
On June 4th we’re celebrating National Trails Day! Occurring the first Saturday of June, this American Hiking Society-sponsored day celebrates America’s magnificent Trail System. According to AHS: “The event evolved during the late ‘80s and ‘90s from a popular ethos among trail advocates, outdoor industry leaders and political bodies who wanted to unlock the vast potential in America’s National Trails System, transforming it from a collection of local paths into a true network of interconnected trails and vested trail organizations. This collective mindset hatched the idea of a singular day where the greater trail community could band together behind to show their pride and dedication to the National Trails System.”
At Hyperlite Mountain Gear we are committed to getting outdoor adventurers onto America’s trails because that’s where they rise to their most optimal selves. In celebration of these paths through the woods, mountains and deserts, we recently invested in two of the most important non-profit trail organizations–the Continental Divide Trail Coalition (CDTC) and the Pacific Crest Trail Association (PCTA). As well, we continually bring you new information on trails around the world, hiked by our Chief Adventure Officer Mike St. Pierre and our ambassadors. And we are committed to bringing you the ultralight hiking packs and lightweight shelters you need to use to hike those trails.
Stay tuned, we’ve got some great articles being published in the upcoming months about the Pacific Crest Trail, the Continental Divide Trail, the International Appalachian Trail and more.
On this special day, we’d like to encourage you to do a couple things:
- Become a member of the AHS, the PCTA, the CDTC, the Appalachian Trail Conservancy (ATC), or any number of other trail non-profit organizations;
- Check out a list of great articles on our blog that highlight trails around the world (see below);
- Let us know if there are any trails you’d like us to write about;
- Get out hiking!
Great blog posts about various trails:
- All About Thru Hiking & Backpacking in the Grand Canyon (numerous articles by Mike St. Pierre)
- Appalachian Trail: Hike Your Own Hike
- Trail Magic: Tales of a Trail Weenie on the Appalachian Trail
- Pacific Northwest Trail Challenges
- Sierra High Route: Chris Brinlee Jr.’s Brutal Adventure
- Tasmania’s Overland Track: A Photo Adventure
- From the Appalachian Trail to the Pacific Crest Trail
- The Te Araroa: New Zealand’s Thru Hike
- The Camino de Santiago: One Woman’s Lightweight Journey
- America to America: Hiking the Continent’s Longest “Trail”